We were going to go camping with Laura and Jen this weekend, but the weather is iffy and no one wants to sleep in a wet tent, so we decided to change plans for a day trip to Vancouver tomorrow. I’m not sure whether we’ll get to do all the things we’re planning on, but right now it looks thus:
- Leave at a gawdawful hour, pick up Laura, and head for Bellingham.
- Pick up Jen, have breakfast at Old Town Cafe.
- Head for the Lynden or Sumas border crossing (Blaine sucks ass, especially since it’s a long weekend in Canada for Confederation Day, and many people in the U.S. are also taking time off to tie the weekend with Wednesday’s 4th of July holiday.)
- Visit the UBC Museum of Anthropology.
- Attend tea ceremony at the Nitobe Japanese garden.
- Visit the Vancouver Aquarium
- Have sushi for dinner.
- Come back and collapse.