Yesterday at Endgame we heard that more game proposals are needed in order for FATE Con to be a success on August 10. That’s a whole Saturday of games showcasing the varied ways in which Evil Hat Productions’ newly revamped FATE system can be used — free, in a friendly environment with great gamers. Edmund and I have sent our own game submittals, and I hope to see my Bay Area friends there! The system is available free in PDF, ePub and mobi formats from Evil Hat.
So here is my game outline:
Game System: FATE Accelerated Edition (FAE)
Scenario Name: The Muppet Show – Raise the Curtain!
GM: Sophie Lagacé
Variations: None; suitable for all ages, kids welcome.
Power Level: Muppets
Number of Players: 6
Characters provided? Yes; add aspects as needed
Description: The Muppets must put on a show — but they have no guest, strange noises can be heard backstage, and the chickens are acting even stranger than usual… Based on Tom “Blue” Tyson’s mini-setting “FAE: The Muppet Show – A New Season”.
There are some neat resources available online which I’m using in order to make nice character sheets. If I can, I will post my full game notes.
- The Muppet Wiki: Extensive fan-made site that covers not only The Muppet Show, but Sesame Street, Fraggle Rock, etc.
- Muppet Central, another fan site with perhaps more focus on the merchandise aspect.
- The Muppets’ Ultimate Picture Gallery, a fan site by Michael Alan Baldasare.
- A pretty comprehensive Wikipedia section.
- The official Muppets site from Disney, who bought the rights from the Jim Henson Company back in 2004.
- The Muppets Studio YouTube channel.
- Kenny Durkin‘s awesome Muppet illustrations, especially the movie poster spoofs.
- The Top 25 Muppets in History, Ranked — an article on Cinema Blend with some good memories, even if I can’t forgive them for relegating Miss Piggy to #11. “Eeeee-YAH!”
- The Stories Behind 20 Muppet Favorites — and article on Mental Floss. In fact, Mental Floss has several additional interesting tidbits on the Muppets.
- Naturally, there are lots more clips on YouTube…