Things to do while you’re on the phone with AT&T:
- Add “Between the sheets” to the end of every pre-recorded message.
- Take a drink every time they tell you not to text and drive.
- Take a shot every time an AT&T employee says “Huh, that’s odd…”
- Draw a flow chart of the processing of your request, including the customer support tickets, e-mails, online chats, phone calls, and transfers from one department to another.
- Draw a flowchart of what AT&T tells you the process actually is.
- Circle the differences between the two.
- Draw a pie chart of your actual use of the service compared to (1) time spent waiting for support and (2) unsolicited marketing calls, e-mails and mail.
- Look for the survey to take to inform them that their online survey form is broken.
- As a relaxation exercise, visualise the NSA also having to deal with AT&T. That’s the only consolation you get.
Yeah, if I had more time to waste, I’d illustrate this.