Huzzah, I can finally talk about this project. I’m project manager for Evil Hat Productions on a new dark science-fiction role-playing game powered by Fate Core. The setting is The Dystopian Universe, licensed from Travis Worthington at Indie Boards & Cards, and you may be familiar with it as the setting for several other games including The Resistance, Coup, Coup: Reformation, Coup: Rebellion G54, One Night Revolution, etc.
The game is written by Anna Meade and Brian Engard, with system development by J.D. Yearsley. Applications for the first public playtest just opened today and will remain open through November 30. (Here is a link to the application form.)
Corruption. Betrayal. Intrigue. Just another day in Paris Nouveau.
In a cyberpunk, dystopian future, the citizens of Paris Nouveau are no more than indentured servants. Virtual reality has come at a cost they can never pay, a tradeoff of freedom for technology. But there are freedom fighters who reject the system, unplugging from the illusion and working to make things right once again. They are La Résistance. Rise up and defy the corporations in the Dystopian Universe RPG, set in the same universe as The Resistance, Coup, and One Night Revolution from Indie Boards & Cards.
The Dystopian Universe RPG is a stand-alone game that uses a customized version of the Fate System. Within these pages, you’ll find:
- Playsheets for nine character archetypes with tie-ins to the cards found in other Dystopian Universe games
- New aspect rules to help reflect the intrigue of the Dystopian Universe, where no one is exactly what they seem
- Two new systems to help GMs escalate conflicts based on character actions: blowback and the Vigilance Track
- New equipment rules using Fate points from a character or from their supporters at La Résistance.
- A streamlined modular system for creating missions, along with sample missions to get you started
The Dystopian Universe RPG: Vive La Résistance!