22. What are some awesome fan-made RPG resources?
Today’s default question was too similar to others I’ve just answered (”What RPGs are easy for you to run?” calls for an answer that’s pretty close to the one I gave for “What is an awesome RPG you enjoy adapting?”) So I decided to ask myself a different question, and answer it. 🙂
I want to celebrate fan-made and shared materials. There are so many, so I will just point to a few of different types.
- Mad Irishman’s character sheets
- Randy Oest’s Fate SRD site
- The Burning Wheel Wiki, and its companion wikis for other Burning Wheel HQ games.
- The Fiasco Playsets collection curated by James Gabrielsen
- Lizzie Stark’s Safety Primer, John Stavropoulos’ X Card, and Brie Sheldon’s Script Change
- HishGraphics paper miniatures
- Seventh Sanctum and Abulafia random generators
Yes, I do realize that the distinction between fan and professional is very subjective in the world of role-playing games. I’m just trying to shine a spotlight on quality resources created for love of the game and generously shared.
Credits: Image by Ali Edwards, Attribution 2.0 Generic (CC BY 2.0)