Having now thoroughly promised more on this blog than I can deliver unless I set priorities and timelines, I’ll ‘fess up to what readers can realistically expect, in descending order of priority:
1. Notes related to the games I’m running at Big Bad Con next weekend: two scheduled games, Rob Wieland’s CAMELOT Trigger using Fate Accelerated Edition (FAE) instead of Fate Core, and Emily Care Boss’s Colony Wars series pitch for Robin D. Laws’ Drama System; and two stand-by packs for Games on Demand, The Muppet Show for FAE based on Tom “Blue” Tyson’s playset, and Jared Sorensen’s psychotronic game of post-apocalypse octaNe. Since I’ve committed to those months ago and the whole thing is going to be over in a few days (Big Bad Con runs October 4-6, 2013), they go first.
2. Notes related to writing the War of Ashes RPG for Evil Hat Productions. The project is on a short schedule, it’s a contract commitment, and it’s fun. I’ll probably concentrate a lot of effort on this through March 2014, then it should decrease as the book will then belong to other team members.
3. The last post in my Fate of the Budayeen series. I’ve had it outlined since I posted the previous entry, and I started writing the first section but the other commitments must take priority for now. Still, I’ll slip it in as soon as I can while I still have momentum, so I hope to post it in October 2013.
4. The occasional cooking post. They don’t take much time to write and I like sharing recipes. Posts of opportunity only.
5. The book club notes, maybe. It looks like the Goodreads book club is moribund right now, but should it rise from its ashes, I enjoy writing pop culture notes on the monthly selections. If it lives, and if I can fit it in, monthly posts.
6. Occasional game reports. I’ll continue to post my character sheets and pictures when I play, and if I have time, mini-reviews of games I try. Posts of opportunity only.
7. Wild promise #1: Fate of the Skyrealms. Yes, I announced I wanted to use FAE to adapt Skyrealms of Jorune and I still think it’s a great project, but it will have to wait. Probably a lot, like summer 2014 at the earliest. I’m pretty sure I made other equally ambitious project announcements I can’t recall right now, and they will have to wait too.